Peter Paul depends on community volunteers and contributions in order to continue our important mission in the East End of Richmond. Would you like to help?
- H³ Mentoring Program (Head, Heart & Hand) – mentor at PPDC or Fairfield Court ES, once a week for at least one year. There are also opportunities to meet on weekends, enjoying center-sponsored activities
- Classroom Assistant – help on academic days with homework
- Tutors – work with students once a week on academics
- PPDC Fun Day Classroom Assistants – help with classroom and group activities
- Garden Mentor – support the garden club on Thursdays, 4-6 pm
- Time, Talent, Treasure – expand a child’s world by hosting a field trip
- Class Sponsor – help teachers by hosting classroom parties & activities
Opportunities to Volunteer with our Seniors:
- Home Repairs – use handyman or handywoman skills in making repairs on seniors’ homes
- Senior Citizens Program Assistant – support program activities on Tuesday and Thursdays
Opportunities to Volunteer with our Parents and the Community:
- Food Distribution Assistance – Up to 400 individuals are served food through the PPDC’s partnership with the Food Bank on the first and third Wednesday of each month. Our volunteers assist with registration, unloading the delivery truck, sorting of food items, and distribution, from 8—12 pm. Lifting required in some cases. Great group opportunity!
- Food Donations – To supplement the Food Bank’s contribution for our monthly distribution, we need canned goods, particularly tuna, canned meats, stews and soups
Other Ways to Help:
- Host a Monthly Birthday party – support a monthly birthday celebration on the 4th Friday of each month
- Clerical Assistance – assist with data entry, answering phone calls and greeting visitors
- School Supplies – donate needed school supplies throughout the year
- Take-home snack bags – help our families with food donations during holidays and snow days
If you would like to volunteer or need more information, please contact:
Rosemary Jones, Director of Volunteer Services
firstname.lastname@example.org. For opportunities over the summer months, click here.
Peter Paul is proud to be a certified as a Service Enterprise through Points of Light. To learn more about what a Service Enterprise is and what that means for PPDC and our Volunteer Program, click here.