Peter Paul Development Center is privileged to have a committed team of staff and educators who work together to bring inspiring and innovative ideas and programs to the Center. Peter Paul is currently hiring for the positions below.
The Peter Paul Development Center is seeking a qualified individual to lead our teens during our After School Learning Immersion Program and Summer Promise program. This program is currently comprised of eleven students in grades 9-12. The high school aide is responsible for guiding the teens through team building, personal and leadership development, organizational and study skills and community service .
Roles and Responsibilities:
The PPDC After-School High School Aide must be willing to develop and deliver a high quality, safe experience for all of our students. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Peter Paul Development Center is seeking qualified teachers for our After School Learning Immersion Program. This program is currently comprised of eighty-five students (grades 2-8). Our students receive daily instruction in core subject areas as well as the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities. Weekly lesson plans must incorporate three components: project-based learning, learning through literature, and S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) curriculum.
Roles and Responsibilities:
PPDC After-School Teachers must be willing to develop and deliver a high quality, safe experience for all of our students. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Benefits: Teachers work Monday – Friday, 2:30pm – 6:30 pm, and receive additional hours from team meetings & educational training sessions.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to the Director of Education, Natisha Knight (email@example.com)For more information check out: peterpauldevcenter.org
Innovative, creative, dynamic, qualified assistant teacher who aligns with the mission of The Peter Paul Development Center: To support the residents of the East End and educate its students, equipping them to serve as positive contributors to their family, community, and society. Assistant teachers must have ambition, initiative, and passion to develop and support classroom teachers with the incorporation of 21st Century teaching/learning strategies in the classroom.
• Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
• Prepare lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
• Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups, including the implementation of PPEPS, in order to help students master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
• Supervise students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
• Conduct demonstrations to teach such skills as sports, dancing, and handicrafts.
• Distribute teaching materials such as, workbooks, papers, and pencils to students.
• Enforce administration policies and rules governing students. .
• Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
• Observe students’ performance, and record relevant data to assess progress.
• Organize and label materials, and display students’ work in a manner appropriate for their eye levels and perceptual skills.
• Organize and supervise games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental, and social development.
• Participate in teacher-parent conferences regarding students’ progress or problems.
• Provide extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and mental disabilities.
• Assist in bus loading and unloading as well as serve as a bus monitor when assigned.
• Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required.
• Maintain computers in classrooms and laboratories, and assist students with hardware and software use.
• Type, file, and duplicate materials.
Benefits: Assistants work Monday – Friday, 2:30pm – 6:30 pm, and receive additional hours from team meetings & educational training.