|On Saturday, we welcomed more than 250 guests into our building. The Grand Opening Event marked the completion of our 5,000 square foot building addition, which will allow us to serve 70 to 75 more students. It was an incredible evening, bringing together so many wonderful friends and supporters, who have made our growth possible. Thank you!
In addition to seeing our new space, enjoying food, drinks and live music from Desiree Roots, our guests had the opportunity to invest in opportunities for our children and families. We called these our Bridge Building Experiences. The results of these investments are truly amazing! Because of our donors’ support:
- Every student in the Summer Promise Program will receive a book
- 15 middle school students will participate in a Jr. Iron Chef Program
- 3 weeks of Clare’s Camp for Summer Promise 2017 will serve all students
- 3 classrooms of students will travel to Washington, DC to visit the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- 52 families will receive year-long memberships to Richmond’s Black History Museum
- 5 classrooms of students will receive swim lessons this summer
- 2+ students are fully funded for the eight-week Summer Promise
In total, we raised more than $21,000 to support our Bridge Building Experiences! We are immensely humbled by this generosity.
We also want to thank the many folks who could not be with us but continue to support our work with and for Richmond’s East End.